[SR-Users] Via header with i attribute

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 12:23:53 CEST 2017

Hello,

tell them to read again the RFC3261, respectively the Via grammar:

Via               =  ( "Via" / "v" ) HCOLON via-parm *(COMMA via-parm)
via-parm          =  sent-protocol LWS sent-by *( SEMI via-params )
via-params        =  via-ttl / via-maddr
                     / via-received / via-branch
                     / via-extension
via-ttl           =  "ttl" EQUAL ttl
via-maddr         =  "maddr" EQUAL host
via-received      =  "received" EQUAL (IPv4address / IPv6address)
via-branch        =  "branch" EQUAL token
via-extension     =  generic-param

The generic-param, defined also in the same RFC, is anything in the form
'name=value'.

The 'i' parameter is the tcp/tls connection id to speed up routing or
nobody complained about it so far, I looked at branch 0.9.0 (ser times)
and it is there:

   -
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/rel_0_9_0/msg_translator.c#L1325

That branch is from year 2004 and the code can be even older.

There is no option to disable adding it, you will have to patch the code
in src/core/msg_translator.c - the if block at line 2857.