[SR-Users] nosql database

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 16:59:00 CEST 2017

Hello,

do you look for NoSQL systems as a replacement for DB backends (such as
db_mysql), or just to interact with the NoSQL server from config? In
kamailio with have the db_xyz modules for DB backends and ndb_xyz for
connectors from config file.

As a db backend, I guess that the mongodb is the only one really supported.

As a ndb connectors, all should be in good shape, I use redis a lot and
mongodb when needed.

Note that some NoSQL systems offer HTTP api to interact with, such as
etcd, in which case you can simply rely on http_client or
http_async_client modules.

For other NoSQL systems, you can use any of the embedded languages
(e.g., Lua, Python, Perl, ...) to connect to them from config file and
return the values via kamailio variables.