[SR-Users] "kamdbctl create" failed

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 11:56:50 CEST 2017

On 03.04.17 11:42, Tim Makarios wrote:
> On 03/04/17 21:05, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Any reason to install 4.0.x?
>
> Because that's what the Trisquel 7 default repositories gave me, along
> with MySQL 5.5; it appears to have inherited both of these from Ubuntu
> 14.04 LTS.  So it sounds like Trusty's default repositories have a
> version of Kamailio incompatible with their version of MySQL.
One solution to fix it is to edit the sql files located in:

/usr/share/kamailio/mysql/

Search for the BLOB/TEXT columns and just remove their default value.

Not remembering by heart if in 4.0 is present, but at some point
kamdbctl got the option to add only tables per module.

Like:

kamdbctl add-tables dispatcher

which adds the tables used by dispatcher. First you have to add the
'standard' tables, then choose only the tables for the modules you know
you are going to use. Before that, you may need to create the database
and grant access with the 'dbonly' and 'grant' commands for kamdbctl.

This may work as alternative when you don't use the modules with the
columns that have more restrictions with newer versions of mysql.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training - May 22-24 (USA) - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - May 8-10, 2017 - www.kamailioworld.com