[SR-Users] "kamdbctl create" failed

Tim Makarios kamailiocorrespondence at freespoken.nz
Mon Apr 3 03:15:00 CEST 2017

Hi,

Following
http://kamailio.org/docs/tutorials/devel/kamailio-install-guide-deb/
I got to the step where I had to run
	kamdbctl create
Unfortunately, this failed, with the following output:
> INFO: test server charset
> INFO: creating database kamailio ...
> INFO: granting privileges to database kamailio ...
> INFO: creating standard tables into kamailio ...
> ERROR 1101 (42000) at line 2: BLOB/TEXT column 'body' can't have a default value
> ERROR: Creating core tables failed at msilo!

Searching for this error turned up http://tinyurl.com/lovr4aq , but the
link in the answer is broken, and it doesn't appear that
STRICT_TRANS_TABLES is relevant to my version of MySQL [1], which is
5.5.54 (running on Trisquel 7, which is based on Ubuntu Trusty).

Has anyone else encountered and overcome this problem, or does anyone
have any ideas about how I might proceed?

Tim
<><

[1] http://tinyurl.com/zmnc75c