[SR-Users] Exclusive: Quitting the fast life of open-source

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 15:29:02 CEST 2017

Brilliant! Bravo! Bravo! Brovo!

Gonna miss you Bro! Get in this neck of the woods, got some dope a$$ hooch and BBQ waitin!

Peace out!

JR Richardson
Engineering for the Masses
Chasing the Azeotrope

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2017 01:02:58 -0400
From: Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>
To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
Subject: [SR-Users] Exclusive: Quitting the fast life of open-source SIP

BRANT: But you were an icon, and quite a ladies' man too! How do you walk away from that?

BALASHOV: Look man, of course women are gonna mob you when you're a SIP consulting star. That's just part of the open-source tech life in general.

But it's fake, man. They don't love you. They don't want to know who you are inside. They just want you 'cause you know all about the SIP transaction state machine, loose vs. strict routing, cross-compiling Kamailio. They just got a crush on you 'cause you know presence and parallel forking race conditions.  I want something real.

BRANT: But that's part of the social bargain of being an open-source SIP celebrity. Didn't you once boast of having uh, lady friends, "in different geographic and non-geographic operator codes"?

BALASHOV: Yeah, and that's cool, but I want to come home to a woman who loves me for me, not Mr.  3...

... 02, Moved Temporarily, but not happy necessarily. Feel me?