[SR-Users] Kamailio - DMQ dns srv Question

Charles Chance charles.chance at sipcentric.com
Thu Sep 22 15:19:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 22 September 2016 at 14:08, José Seabra <joseseabra4 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi charles,
> Inline
> Thanks

>> Hi José,
>>
>> In your config, you need to tell DMQ about a minimum of one other node.
>> This can be in the form of an IP or FQDN - however, where the FQDN resolves
>> to a single IP, it does not make sense to perform anything other than an A
>> lookup, so you should set the parameter to 0 in this case.
>>
>> The number of nodes in your cluster is irrelevant - once started, DMQ
>> will contact the one you have told it about and learn about the others
>> automatically.
>>
>> Optionally, you can tell DMQ about multiple nodes upfront (to account for
>> instances where the first one may be down or unreachable), by giving it an
>> FQDN which resolves to multiple IP addresses - in which case you'll need to
>> set the multi_notify parameter to 1.

>> it is querying dns using SRV without service specification.

Understood, thanks - I misread the following...

...to mean a scenario in which the FQDN resolves to a single IP only. My
mistake!

I'll take a look into adding service specification later today.

Cheers,
Charles

--
Sipcentric Ltd. Company registered in England & Wales no. 7365592. Registered
office: Faraday Wharf, Innovation Birmingham Campus, Holt Street,