[SR-Users] Self challenged packets

Torsten Hantzsche thantzsche at petitenet.de
Sat Sep 17 18:09:26 CEST 2016

Hi,

while playing with the script from http://kb.asipto.com/kamailio:presence:k43-blf
and "kamailio 4.4.3 (x86_64/freebsd) 5a2195" I could not see any NOTIFY packet
going out to the subscribed watcher.

"tcpdump -i lo0" shows self injected PUBLISH packets challenged with
"407 Proxy Authentication Required" and there they got stuck.
The PUBLISH packets are sent on lo0 from my network address to the same network
address (here 10.0.0.106 to 10.0.0.106). The proxy challenge is also sent from
10.0.0.106 to 10.0.0.106.

An xlog entry with the variable "$Ri" in route REQUEST shows 10.0.0.106 too.
Since these packets are only seen on lo0, should "$Ri" not show 127.0.0.1?

After disabling the WITH_AUTH variable, the watcher is getting its NOTIFY's.

Now I wonder under which circumstances this script is supposed to function
correctly without changes in the AUTH route?

By the way, I had the same problem with the provided script of the
msilo module (http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.4.x/modules/msilo.html#idp42867388)
which too only works if there is no "auth_challenge" in the way.

Could somebody with more insight in Kamailio internals give some hints
on this, please? How can it get solved in an elegant way?

Thanks,
Torsten