[SR-Users] Commercial SBC or Kamailio

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Thu Sep 15 17:39:14 CEST 2016

On 09/15/2016 10:38 AM, Linux Vince wrote:
> We are trying to setup VOIP infrastructure, mainly wholesale and retail.
>
> What is best option if money is not the problem?
>
> Developing our own infrastructure using Kamailio and other open source
> packages to act as SBC and switch or buy a commercial solution like
> GenBand/Sonus/Sansay.
>
> We are looking for high performance with scalability to handle thousands
> of call setups per second over the period of few years.
>
> I have no idea on how/if can kamailio outperform commercial solutions or
> not.
>
> Advantage of using kamailio is flexibility and possibility of
> customization as per requirement,
>
> I am new to this list so please advise if this is not a valid question
> to be asked here.

Normally, we try to keep commercial discussions on the business list:

You also may want to check out the business directory:

https://www.kamailio.org/w/business-directory/

There are some products that involve Kamailio at it's core, such as
Canonical SIP Routing Platform (CSRP), Enswitch, Sip:Wise, 2600hz, etc.

--
Fred Posner
@fredposner