[SR-Users] Commercial SBC or Kamailio

Linux Vince linuxv at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:38:11 CEST 2016

We are trying to setup VOIP infrastructure, mainly wholesale and retail.

What is best option if money is not the problem?

Developing our own infrastructure using Kamailio and other open source
packages to act as SBC and switch or buy a commercial solution like
GenBand/Sonus/Sansay.

We are looking for high performance with scalability to handle thousands of
call setups per second over the period of few years.

I have no idea on how/if can kamailio outperform commercial solutions or
not.

Advantage of using kamailio is flexibility and possibility of customization
as per requirement,

I am new to this list so please advise if this is not a valid question to
be asked here.