[SR-Users] Replacing Asterisk with Kamailio

Yuriy Gorlichenko ovoshlook at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 08:04:07 CEST 2016

Yes. Thats correct
Kamailio.cfg is a script. It is a sublnguage. You must think as programmer
for using it

Input data is sip method. Thist script using it for handling making changes
if it need and make him to know where it must be proxyed
That is a main idea.

Actually in asteirks for example it is a same btut asteirsk works at the
extensions.conf/ael/lua with invite method and
Taking Leg A and creates Leg B

kamailio is different. It is just proxies same method through itself. and
working with every method like invite and his replies, and other methods.

You must think not about dialplan there but about method handling. And it
need to very good know SIP RFC for understanding what is going on and why.

I suppose everyone who uses kamailio thought before thant knows SIP. But it
was wrong.