[SR-Users] Kamailio as Proxy with public and private interface

gmele giovanni.mele at nagra.com
Tue Sep 13 15:08:09 CEST 2016

Hello,

we are building a new SIP service composed by a 2 SIP Proxies and 2 SIP
Registrars. There is only one proxy active (controlled by keepalived).

To secure our SIP infra, we have decided to publish a TLS public interface
on the proxy side. The SIP registrar will not be reachable from the outside,
so we have added a provate interface on the SIP proxy and another one on the
SIP registrar (192.168.1.x).

In brief:
SIP Proxy, 2 I/F, 213.xxx.xxx.xxx (TLS public) and 192.168.1.x (UDP private)
SIP Registrar, 1 I/F, 192.168.1.x (UDP private).

Is this architecture possible with kamailio? We tried to implement this, but
it seems that all requests incoming from the public IP address are correctly
routed to the SIP registrar, but with the public IP instead of the private
one, resulting in the impossibility to send the SIP requests to the
registrar. Should we add a VIA toute in the SIP message before forwarding it
to the SIP registrar? How can this be done?

Thx for your help

Giovanni