[SR-Users] issue with memcached module

jay binks jaybinks at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:07:45 CEST 2016

This appears to only impact reading from memcache.

ive had a read through the code and I dont see any way to write a string to
memcache with the ( memcache ) flag of 0 .

INTS write as Flag 0
but all Strings are Flag 1

and I cant read a string with flag 1 in php.
( which i agree is also a bug on the php side, but I have virtually no
chance of getting that fixed )

Jay

On 2 September 2016 at 16:03, Dragos Oancea <dragos.oancea at athonet.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jay,
>
> Have you tried this ?
> modparam("memcached", "stringify", 1)
> http://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.4.x/modules/
> memcached.html#memcached.p.stringify
>
> Cheers,
> Dragos
>
> On 02/09/2016 03:45, jay binks wrote:
> > if I use the memached module in kamailio to set STRING data in memcache,
> > this is not readable from PHP.
> >
> > This is because kamailio uses the "val_flag" to distinguish the type of
> > data ( int or string ).
> >
> > There does not appear to be a standard for how data type is indicated (
> > in fact the protocol doc for memcache says "<flags> is an arbitrary
> > 16-bit unsigned integer" )
> >
> > I think the memcache module really needs a way to let the user specify
> > the value of the flag.
> > something like a modparam to override the flag value on every set.
> >
> > has anyone else run in to this ?
> >
> > Sincerely
> >
> > Jay Binks

Sincerely