[SR-Users] Rewriting To on BYE

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 20:28:14 CEST 2016

Hello,

just to clarify -- did you tried and there were some issues, or just
pure validation of the regex in the subst?

If the second, I would rather use subdt_hf(), but not sure it's in 4.3
or added later. Then instead of \2, I would use $tU (To header username).

Likely you can also completely avoid substitution operations, by doing:

remove_hf("To");

insert_hf("To: <sip:$tU@$rd:rp>;tag=$tt\r\n");

On 24/10/16 12:54, Charles Phillips wrote:
> I need a sanity check if you don’t mind…  I am setting up a stateless
> proxy for several (separate, not load balanced) Asterisk servers
> behind Kamailio 4.2 (with domain and dispatcher).  All works as
> expected except when called party hangs up, as Asterisk seems to
> address the BYE “To” (that is sent to the calling party) to the
> originating domain, and not the IP of the UA (as it does in other
> cases).  When this happens, stateless Kamailio does not seem to know
> how to route them, which makes sense.  I assume I would need to
> rewrite the “To” field on BYE message so that it contains the UA’s IP
> (to match the BYE’s that are routed correctly).  The RURI header
> contains the IP/port of the UA, so I am attempting to use it and here
> is where I am stuck…
>
> Here is the subst from onreply_route:
>
>    if (is_method("BYE")) {
> xlog("L_NOTICE", "BYE Detected \n");
> subst('/^To:(.*)<sip:(.*)@(.*)>(.*)$/To: <sip:\2@$rd:$rp
> <sip:%5C2@$rd:$rp>>\4/ig');
> }
>
> Here is the “To”:
>
>     To: "Test User 2"
> <sip:102 at zxcv.asdf.qwerty.net>;tag=8AB53900B9646F1DF05330E7FBF846C8
>
> Any obvious glaring mistakes here?  Would I then need additional logic
> to forward the BYE on?
>
> My apologies if this is wordy, or nonsensical...

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Oct 24-26, 2016 - http://www.asipto.com