[SR-Users] Basic TM suspend question

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 11:29:21 CEST 2016

On 21/10/16 11:26, Alex Balashov wrote:
> On 10/21/2016 05:22 AM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>
>> Also the timeout runs for it and failure_route can be executed in
>> that case.
>
> Interesting. That brings up two more questions:
>
> 1. If fr_timer is set to 3000 but I suspend the transaction for 4
> seconds, does that mean that failure_route is going to be called at
> the 3000 mark anyway? If so, does that mean the transaction is
> implicitly woken up (t_continue()'d) at that moment?
if you resume, the transaction is back in processing -- from timeout
point of view, you can think of t_suspend() as a t_relay() without
sending out and the t_continue() as receiving a negative response and
willing to re-route the request.

> 2. Does the failure_route run in a normal SIP worker, or in an async
> worker, if using async_task_route() here?

Failure route for local triggered timeout is executed in the timer
process, the others by the sip worker that received the negative response.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Oct 24-26, 2016 - http://www.asipto.com