[SR-Users] TCP FIN after 10 minutes

gmele giovanni.mele at nagra.com
Thu Oct 20 19:08:48 CEST 2016

Hello,

Selinux is not enabled and no firewall is active (except iproutes rules).

Looking in the TLS module, I found the modparam  connection_timeout .

By default, this parameter is set to 10 minutes (!), but the description says : " If an I/O event occurs, the timeout will be extended with tcp_connection_lifetime"

So I was expecting that after the first successful  REGISTER, this timeout was set to my own param tcp_connection_lifetime value (3605). But it seems this is not the case.

I added the TLS parameter connection_timeout and set it also to 3605, and the first result show it seems to work, but I must do more tests to verify it is ok. Setting this parameter to -1 means the TLS connection will never be closed: do you think it is a good idea to set it to -1?

Regards

Giovanni