[SR-Users] RTPProxy

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 10:19:53 CEST 2016

Hello Maxim,

given the discussion here, I would like to get some updates for myself
regarding 2.0 in terms of capacity and other stuff.

I was using rtpproxy 1.x with kamailio doing load balancing across many
instances of rtpproxy. I was using 1000 streams as estimation for one
instance and I see it's what you mentioned as well. Is it the
recommended (or the good) value for 2.0? Most of deployments still use
v1.2, given it's presence in stable/old OS distros.

It's any relevant architectural change in 2.0? Like more threads used by
the app or other I/O refactoring? Iirc, v1.x uses one for control commands?

I wanted to report at some point, with v1.x, on some centos (iirc), when
there was no active call, rtpproxy was eating a lot of cpu. With a call
(or more) going on, the cpu went to normal. I think it was like waiting
for I/O was using the cpu. Switching to debian was a solution at that
moment, so might not be rtpproxy, but I am wondering if you or anyone
else faced same issue. Also, if I am not wrong, the person that reported
to me said that 2.0 didn't revealed the same behaviour.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Oct 24-26, 2016 - http://www.asipto.com