[SR-Users] Addressing a distinct PSI result is: 555 AS Contacting Failed - iFC terminated dialog

Valentin Christoph Christoph.Valentin at kapsch.net
Wed Oct 5 11:52:31 CEST 2016

Hi all,

With the local changes (see mail below) in function t_continue() (adding the handling of REQUEST route), I introduced some side effects.

The handling of distinct PSIs does not work correctly with examples/scscf/kamailio.cfg, because the function t_continue() deletes the transaction, although the route in the config file added a UAC towards the AS.

Now, when the transaction is deleted erroneously, the S-CSCF does not any more answer with ACK to the 503 from the AS. Also retransmissions of the INVITE to AS are NOT performed.

I did another correction and added a branch in the if() clause at the end of t_continue() (see attached file t_suspend.c).

done:
       UNLOCK_ASYNC_CONTINUE(t);

  if (t->async_backup.backup_route == REQUEST_ROUTE){
    if (t->nr_of_outgoings < (uac ? 2 : 1)){
      /* unref the transaction */
      t_unref(t->uas.request);
    }
  } else if (t->async_backup.backup_route != TM_ONREPLY_ROUTE){

Here the transaction is only deleted, if the REQUEST route in the config file did NOT add an UAC.

I would be glad, if someone could confirm or reject, whether those changes would be in line with kamailio’s architecture.

Should those changes be brought to github?

Please find as additional information some tshark traces and log file before (count 62) the recent correction and after (count 63) the recent correction.

All the best
Christoph