[SR-Users] Kamailio Processes Stop Responding

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Nov 30 23:46:35 CET 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 05:42:56PM -0500, Peter DiSanto wrote:

> OK thank you Alex.  I will look into your suggestions next time the problem
> arises.  Each call does generate one SQL LCR lookup, one CDR INSERT, and
> also a timer route that runs 3 queries every few minutes.  Once Kamailio
> stops responding it will continue that way indefinitely until a process
> restart.  Will report back. Thanks.

The timer routes run in separate processes, FYI.

But yeah, it sounds like your SQL DB interactions are the likely source of the problem. It doesn't have to be the case that these queries get "stuck". If they become even a little slow, and you don't have sufficient child processes to wait on them, at 200 CPS that can have consequences. Perhaps profile the queries and/or log slow queries?

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 (direct) / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)