[SR-Users] Kamailio Processes Stop Responding

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Nov 30 20:51:52 CET 2016

Peter,

The natural question that would arise is whether your SIP worker threads are waiting on any external I/O, such as database queries.

When this event occurs, you'll want to take a look at your RecvQ in netstat, e.g.

# netstat --inet -n -l | grep 5060

It should be 0 or substantially 0 under normal conditions. If the SIP worker threads are "stuck" waiting on something and unable to cope with the incoming packet load, you'll see the number increase.

For more information on the topic overall, see my article on Kamailio concurrency:

http://blog.csrpswitch.com/tuning-kamailio-for-high-throughput-and-performance/

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 (direct) / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)