[SR-Users] async_workers vs. async workers modparam in case of async_route()

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Nov 21 06:41:08 CET 2016

Hi,

If I am using async_route() with delay, what is the relationship between
the core async_workers parameter value and the async module 'workers'
modparam?

This doc change was intended to clarify it, I think:

https://www.mail-archive.com/sr-dev@lists.sip-router.org/msg25002.html

But it does not for me:

 > Number of worker processes to be started to handle the
 > asynchronous tasks for async_route() and async_sleep().

So, does that mean the module starts its own processes for these cases?
If so, does that mean I don't need core async_workers at all? Or do I?
If I do, what happens if I have fewer core async_workers than modparam
workers? What if I have more? Should I aim to keep them in sync?

Thanks,

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 (direct) / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)