[SR-Users] Is there a way to detect inactive MSRP chat sessions without using SIP session timers

Pranathi Venkatayogi pvenkatayogi at cyracom.com
Fri Nov 18 18:38:34 CET 2016

That’s a good idea. But unfortunately blink client does not support “OPTIONS”
  Allow: SUBSCRIBE, NOTIFY, PRACK, INVITE, ACK, BYE, CANCEL, UPDATE, MESSAGE, REFER

Only way is to do it the hard way - Keep track of messages sent by an endpoint and keep it alive as long as the server receives them.

One question about dialog module in this regard –
    In “How it works” section in the module description, it says -  “The dialog timeout is reset each time a sequential request is processed.”
    What does this mean?

-        Only request at SIP level for that call sent by the client causes reset of the timer?  Or

-        Is the module smart enough to consider MSRP message sent from that endpoint during that call as well?

Thanks for your clarification,
Pranathi