[SR-Users] INVITE timeout timer

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 09:08:54 CET 2016

Do you have any failure route trying new destinations?

A sip trace (e.g., ngrep output with -t on port 5060) for such case will
help to see what happens.

Also, be sure you have no t_set_fr() that overwrites the value from
parameters.

Not related, but I noticed that the comment doesn't match the behaviour for:

# auto-discard branches from previous serial forking leg
modparam("tm", "failure_reply_mode", 0)

It should be 3 to behave as the comment says.

On 15/11/16 02:09, Diogenes Aviles wrote:
> I have changed the following tm parameters in order to have an timeout
> INVITE equal to 20 sec (20000 ms).
> # ----- tm params -----
> # auto-discard branches from previous serial forking leg
> modparam("tm", "failure_reply_mode", 0)
> # default retransmission timeout: 20sec
> modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 20000)
> # default invite retransmission timeout after 1xx: 120sec
> modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer", 120000)
>
> However, the timeout is ever  3 min (180 sec.)
> In accord to tm module the timeout is defined only by "r_timer"
> Then, I don't know where is the problem.
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> --
> Diogenes

Daniel-Constantin Mierla