[SR-Users] Count number of early(Ringing) dialogs on gateway

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 09:43:39 CET 2016

Hello,

during the early state of a dialog (like trying, ringing, ...), there
can be many outgoing branches of the initial INVITE (think about a call
going to a user which has two sip phones registered for same account).
It's the reason dialog waits to see which branch is responding from
callee side.

Also, it's not mandatory that all 1xx responses have a Contact header.

Anyhow, you can implement your own logic of storing dialog attributes in
a custom database table using sqlops module, doing insert/update/delete
at various events: initial invite, receiving a 1xx response as well as
for 2xx and 3xx+, cancel, bye ...

On 09/11/16 05:51, Aqs Younas wrote:

> Greetings list,
> I am using dialog aur dispatcher modules for calls distribution across
> multiple gateways. I am able to get number of active dialogs against a
> gateway but could not get early dialogs going on particular gateway.
>
> Dialog information is inserted in database only for state 4. Also, I
> tried to use dlg_list command to get early dialogs. I see call
> statistics but "callee_contact::" is empty untill call is answered.
>
> for ringing I am getting this.
>
> root at debian:/usr/local/kamailio/sbin# ./kamctl fifo dlg_list
> dialog::  hash=3443:9422
>         state:: 2
>         ref_count:: 1
>         timestart:: 0
>         timeout:: 0
>         callid:: GGjl58SQ32LXQB1dV2-CBA..
>         from_uri:: sip:1015 at 192.168.10.39:5060;transport=UDP
>         from_tag:: 652ee907
>         caller_contact:: sip:1015 at 192.168.10.41:55842;transport=UDP
>         caller_cseq:: 1
>         caller_route_set::
>         caller_bind_addr:: udp:192.168.10.39:5060
> <http://192.168.10.39:5060>
>         callee_bind_addr::
>         to_uri:: sip:1010 at 192.168.10.39:5060;transport=UDP
>         to_tag::
>         callee_contact::
>         callee_cseq::
>         callee_route_set::
>
> callee_contact:: is empty.
>
> Is there any way to get early dialog info againts a gateway.? Or any
> way to insert early dialog into database with callee_contact not empty?
>
> Best Regards,
> Aqs Younas

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, Nov 28-30, 2016 - http://www.asipto.com