[SR-Users] NER and ASR

Carsten Bock carsten at ng-voice.com
Mon Nov 7 10:05:14 CET 2016

Hi Gholamreza,

probably, no one can provide you this information, as it heavily depends on
your setup and the network configuration, your targeted setup and your
targeted customers.

If you run Kamailio for Telemarketing services, you could expect a lower
ASR, than for regular residential services. We have a NER of 100% in all of
our setups (residential, VoLTE, WebRTC, Class4), but what does this number
tell you? Probably, that we scale our solutions according to the
requirements or that we currently have fewer customers on WebRTC than on
VoLTE or fixed? ;-) Likely, if you run WebRTC, you'll have a lower number
of online users and concurrent calls than for a classic residential
service, as you'll have to do TLS and SRTP and not simple UDP and
pass-through RTP. If you provide a WebRTC to WebRTC service, the numbers
are different, than if you provide a WebRTC breakout service....

Some references:
- 1&1 is running Kamailio for 2,5 Mio (??) subscribers.
- we've been running Kamailio for 1,3 Mio residential subscribers on two
Hardware boxes (common Dell Servers) some 10 years ago, running up to 60k
concurrent calls. We've been able to do this on only two servers, as we did
not have to take care about Media-Relaying. That setup had an NER of 100%
and an ASR between 50% and 80%, the ASR was higher during the evenings, as
people were at home.

Thanks,
Carsten

> Are there any real data about number of concurrent calls, number of
> on-line users, NER (Network Effectiveness Ratio) and ASR (Answer Seizure
> Ratio) of a real VoIP system? I want this data for making comparisons. Can
> anyone provide a reference, article, etc..

Carsten Bock
CEO (Geschäftsführer)

ng-voice GmbH
Millerntorplatz 1
20359 Hamburg / Germany

http://www.ng-voice.com
mailto:carsten at ng-voice.com

Office +49 40 5247593-40
Fax +49 40 5247593-99

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Hamburg, HRB 120189
Geschäftsführer: Carsten Bock
Ust-ID: DE279344284

Hier finden Sie unsere handelsrechtlichen Pflichtangaben:
http://www.ng-voice.com/imprint/