[SR-Users] how to set kamctl to find ctl anf fifo that are not at /var/run

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Tue May 31 17:22:13 CEST 2016

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 11:43:30 AM Uri Shacked wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using centos 7.
> By default on centos 7, the var/run file system is tmpfs.
> So, when kamailio runs with user and group other than root, it can not
> create the fifo file.
>
> I set the kamailio service and config files to work on
> usr/local/var/run/kamailio.
>
> Now, how do i set the kamctl to work with the fifo on
> /usr/local/var/run/kamailio ?
>
> Uri

I believe CentOS 7 runs systemd.  You can have systemd-tmpfilesd create the
directory at startup.  Here are the systemd unit files I use when building
Kamailio RPMs:

## Content of /etc/systemd/kamailio.service
[Unit]
Description=Kamailio SIP Server
Documentation=man:kamailio(8) http://www.kamailio.org/
After=syslog.target network-online.target

[Service]
Type=forking
User=kamailio
Environment=SHM_SIZE=64
Environment=PKG_SIZE=8
ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/kamailio -c
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/kamailio -m $SHM_SIZE -M $PKG_SIZE \
 -P /run/kamailio/kamailio.pid
ExecStopPost=/usr/bin/rm -f /run/kamailio/kamailio.pid
PIDFile=/run/kamailio/kamailio.pid
Restart=on-failure
RestartSec=30

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

## Content of /etc/tmpfiles.d/kamailio.conf
d /run/kamailio 0750 kamailio kamailio

--
Anthony - https://messinet.com/ - https://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E