[SR-Users] Kamailio 4.4.1 REGISTER Parse Error in PCSCF

Mihail Dakov mihail.dakov at ng4t.com
Mon May 30 15:35:57 CEST 2016

Hi Folks,

I have the strangest problem just after installing latest stable
version. I had tried both ways using the repo
(http://deb.kamailio.org/kamailio44) and downloading code with local
compile (https://www.kamailio.org/w/2016/05/kamailio-v4-4-1-released/)

The initial scenario is to get M2M with commercial IP and subsequently
use the Rx interface to do the same. We are blocked because we cannot
even achieve clean register for the UEs.

UE1(galaxy s4 zoiper) -------- Kamailio IMS aio

UE2(galaxy s4 zoiper) -------- |

What happens is that the first register message triggers some
quasi-endless loop in the PCSCF. Hence it cannot be forwarded to SCSCF,
ICSCF and HSS. But this doesn't always happen and between all the parse
problems there are some register messages which get passed to the scscf
icscf and hss. Somehow the parser feeds itself from the previous parse
run and thus loops quite intensively. The message I get is SIP/2.0 400
CSeq method does not match request method.
I must say that reiterating the registration process sometimes i get the
register and sometimes i don't.

Has anyone encounter similar issue for similar use case and can share
some thoughs about a fix?

I attached relevant log file, pcaps and configuration files. Let me know
if more config files are needed.