[SR-Users] 4.4: Kamailio crashes at start - sometimes

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Fri May 27 16:14:01 CEST 2016

After examining this issue a bit more, I'm even more confused.

Findings:

* When changing the memory manager to qm, Kamailio starts. Tried 3
times with fm, 3 times with qm, had three failures and three
successes.

* When running with fm memory manager, I can get it running by adding
these lines basically somewhere in the main route:

               if (is_method("INVITE")) {
                        xlog("L_INFO", "Hello World\n");
                }

Again: Tried it three times.

Do you have any idea on how to debug this any further? I'm all out of
ideas. And it was running without problems under 4.3.

I do have two strace outputs from a successful and a failed start,
which I could send you if you want to look into this.

Best Regards,
Sebastian