[SR-Users] Multihomed kamailio - one IP for each account

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:02:39 CEST 2016

Hello,

if you don't have too many IP addresses that you have to use, then you
can add many listen parameters in kamailio.cfg.

Otherwise, I think you should considering a firewall that will do
translation of a source IP based on receiving on a specific port from
kamailio. It should be more lightweight and you can control it
independent of kamailio.

On 25/05/16 17:07, Attila Megyeri wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>

> I am looking for a solution to do the following, basically an SBC-like
> solution.
>

> I have an internal asterisk system that should make outbound calls
> towards a provider, but that provider authenticates the customer based
> on IP address. And I have many such customers. The provider is not
> willing to make changes to his practice…
>

> Asterisk is bound to a single IP, so there is not much I can do.
>
> I was thinking about creating several outbound accounts for asterisk,
> and then a multi-homed Kamailio would do the following:
>
> If request comes from user1, Kamailio would send the request to the
> provider from IP1.
>
> If request comes from user2, Kamailio would send the request to the
> provider from IP2.
>
> And so on, for as many IPs as many customers I want to handle.
>

> Is there a more elegant way to do this?
>
> If not, how should I implement this?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Attila