[SR-Users] SRV and dialog stickiness

Fred Posner fred at palner.com
Wed May 25 22:51:17 CEST 2016

On 05/25/2016 04:32 PM, Alex Balashov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry if this is a tired, worn question, but I've not dealt much with
> Kamailio's SRV support before:
>
> If a registrant has a contact binding whose domain component is subject
> to an SRV lookup with load-balanced or weighted entries, how does one
> solve the problem of ensuring that subsequent in-dialog requests go to
> the same host as the initial INVITE? Does Kamailio offer some facility
> for doing this? Is it somehow accommodated by SIP?
>
> -- Alex

Clarification:

Why would this be wanted?

I ask, as if you were using a srv record as the result of a load balance
lookup, wouldn't the point be to be able to quickly change location of
the domain in case of an outage/issue?

Otherwise, I'm not positive the benefit of doing a srv lookup for this
scenario.

--
Fred Posner
@fredposner