[SR-Users] converting integer to string

Henry Fernandes henry at usinternet.com
Wed May 25 19:33:12 CEST 2016

In Kamailio 4.2, I’m having problems converting an AVP integer value into a string.

My Kamailio config stores the return code from auth_check() and outputs it.

    $avp(auth_code) = auth_check("$fd", "subscriber", "1");

    xlog("L_NOTICE", “response = $avp(auth_code)”);

When I check the AVP against an integer, it behaves normally.  However, I cannot convert it to a string.  The return value -3 (invalid user) gets converted to the string “18446744073709551613” when outputting it.

My hunch is that Kamailio is treating the AVP as an unsigned integer (rather than a signed integer) when it converts it to a string.  If I try this with an AVP with a positive integer, it works as expected.

Can someone tell me how to convert a negative integer into a string in Kamailio?

-H