[SR-Users] Kamailio and Oracle database

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue May 3 08:27:41 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 03/05/16 08:18, gmele wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> I add a look to the db_unixodbc and the presence modules. To correct the
> ODBC replace query that is visibly not supported by Oracle, I would like to
> add a new parameter in the db_unixodbc module : replaceQuery = {0:1}. 0 =
> not supported, 1 = supported (default).
>
> Now, in the presence module, I found this comment :
>
> 	if (pa_dbf.replace != NULL)
> 	{
> 		if(pa_dbf.replace(pa_db, db_keys, db_vals, n_query_cols,
> 					2, 0) < 0)
> 	}
> 	else
> 	{
> 		*/* If you use insert() instead of replace() be prepared for some
> 		 * DB error messages.  There is a lot of time between the
> 		 * query() that indicated there was no matching entry in the DB
> 		 * and this insert(), so on a multi-user system it is entirely
> 		 * possible (even likely) that a record will be added after the
> 		 * query() but before this insert(). */*
> 		if(pa_dbf.insert(pa_db, db_keys, db_vals, n_query_cols )< 0)
>

> What will happen if we do inserts only? Will the table grow? Is there a
> purge mechanism somewhere?
>
> Would it be possible in the replace method to do an update and in case of
> error, do an insert?
>
> What is your opinion?

you can add that parameter to control exporting the replace support -
make a pull request on github and it will be merged. Name the parameter
replace_query as the other parameters for db_unixodbc use the patterns
with underscore and lower cases and format the message as suggested at:

  -
https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/devel/github-contributions#commit_message_format

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com