[SR-Users] Dispatching Registrations to Weight based servers

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 19:36:11 CET 2016

Hi All,

I think I got the answer from reading the dispatcher.c source code:
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/blob/master/modules/dispatcher/dispatch.c
Line: 577

Says:

*/* if the array was not completely filled (i.e., the sum of weights is*
less than 100), then use last address to fill the rest */*
So clearly I was initializing two destinations with weight=20 and hence
code was doing what it is supposed to do, send everything to the last
address.

Now I've modified the two destinations weight = 50 and now REGISTRATIONS
get load-balanced as I desired.

Thing to remember for future reference, For algo 9 always sum up weights
for destinations to equal 100.

Thanks again for reading, and replying Brooks.

Regards,
Sammy