[SR-Users] dynamic weighting for dispatcher

Brooks Bridges bbridges at o1.com
Thu Mar 24 17:30:13 CET 2016

So I'm building a load balancer solution that needs to monitor remote devices at a specific interval via snmp for certain data (channels and cps) and use that data to create a dynamically updated weight for each of the destinations.  I can't find any reasonable mechanism for updating the weight attribute in the dispatcher module itself without having to do some hacky "update the database column then trigger dispatcher.reload" script, which I very much want to avoid.

Is this something I should just be thinking of ditching the dispatcher module and rolling my own design or am I missing something obvious?

Brooks Bridges | Sr. Voice Services Engineer
O1 Communications
5190 Golden Foothill Pkwy
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
office: 916.235.2097 | main: 888.444.1111, Option 2
email: bbridges at o1.com<mailto:bbridges at o1.com> | web: www.o1.com<http://www.o1.com/>