[SR-Users] Removing Via and Record-Route headers

Marrold kamailio at marrold.co.uk
Sun Mar 20 03:54:06 CET 2016

I understand intermediate endpoints *expect* these headers, this is why I
asked if there's anyway for Kamailio to remember what is removed and
essentially re-add them to the response, IE-

SIP request hits edge proxy from internal network > Via and Route headers
from intermediate proxies are removed, previous 'path' is stored in memory
linked to the dialog > SIP request is forwarded to end point.

End point responds to request via edge proxy > edge proxy looks up existing
dialog and reinserts the missing headers > forwards to the next hop.

What I'm asking is theoretically possible, although it may not be RFC
compliant or something that Kamailio supports.

Thanks