[SR-Users] srv_query question

Vasiliy Ganchev vancecezar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 12:45:27 CET 2016

Hi folk!

I am trying to implement srv_query usage in my script (server is based on
Kamailio+Asterisk).
The task: when outgoing REGISTER comes from Asterisk (outgoing trunk to
operator), and R-URI consists domain name, need to store all ip-addresses of
remote side (for following use)
Currently, this works using dns_query, and storing in htable structure with
remote IPs.
But if remote side use SRV, I do not have all IPs

Trying to use srv_query function from ipops, I am stuck with following:
- srv_query(srvcname, pvid)
to get srvcname -  for example, "_sip._tcp.example.com",
I need to provide, NAPTR record lookup (that is according to RFC3263, and
Kamailio does this in core, while request processing)
but I see no way how to make NAPTR lookup from script (not involving non
Kamailio tools)

Looking in mail list archive, found nothing that could help. What I am
missing, is there an easy solution, how to cope with my case?

Would appreciate any suggestion or idea.

Cheers!