[SR-Users] Kamailio 5.0 - Better way of dealing with stateless CANCELs

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 10:22:51 CET 2016

On 15/03/16 09:31, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Alex Balashov writes:
>
>> ‎I don't know about that. Granted, I work largely within the
>> intra-carrier/intra-industrial space, not so much with end-user
>> endpoints, but to me it seems UDP is still the overwhelming norm.
> In that space I would assume that SIP over TLS is mandatory.  Anything
> else is a big security risk to users.  If carriers exchange SIP requests
> over the Internet over UDP, they should be sued for not protecting their
> customers privacy.

Actually became quite common deployment here to use TLS from end user to
an edge proxy and then switching to private network (or vpn) for core
network routing, where UDP is still used given its lightweight design
and native async communication.

I agree that a professional service should not use anything than TLS on
public internet, but there is still a lot of demand for UDP for private
links.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference, Berlin, May 18-20, 2016 - http://www.kamailioworld.com