[SR-Users] TCP connection select problem

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 14:42:41 CET 2016

Indeed, the ports are different, that's why adding received is important
in this situation.

While local ip and local port are in most of the cases also unique for
devices behind a nat router, it is not 100% true, because there can be
many layers of NATs, which can result in seeing same local ip/port for
devices.

On 14/03/16 13:06, 张顺通 wrote:
> source IP  is same,  But port is different。
> like INVITE sip:Linphone_nat_Ip:Linphone_nat_port;tcp;

> <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Adding received information to Path helps to identify properly the
>     connection to be used. Because both devices are behind the same
>     NAT, practically they show the same source IP when they send
>     traffic to server.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Daniel
>

>     On 14/03/16 04:05, 张顺通 wrote:
>>     KA_EDGE have two IP,external public IP and internal IP.
>>     I add modparam("path", "use_received", 1)  and replace add_path()
>>     to add_path_received() in edge server.
>>     add modparam("registrar", "path_use_received", 1) in KA_REGISTER
>>     server.
>>
>>     DB path info <sip:aD15fXXXXXXXXXXXXeEpfqRY=@10.10.10.11
>>     <http://10.10.10.11>;lr;ob>
>>     --> <sip:10.10.10.11;lr;received=sip:42.129.1.1:43640%3Btransport%3Dtcp>
>>
>>     This kind of situation very little,It is not easy to reappear.
>>     Can you tell me why this situation happen? and Why this change
>>     can solve the problem?
>>
>>     Thanks for Your Time.

>>     <mailto:d.tryba at pocos.nl>>:
>>
>>         On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 10:05:11PM +0800, 张顺通 wrote:
>>         > Yes,Use Path in DB. like
>>         <sip:XXxXXXXXXXXXX/ogxZg=@10.10.232.29
>>         <http://10.10.232.29>;lr;ob>
>>         > KA_REGISTER wile the path info in DB.
>>
>>         Should not be a problem if you use the use_received options in
>>         http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/path.html#idp135216
>>         and
>>         http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/registrar.html#registrar.p.path_use_received
>>
>>         (and actually add the source as received on the kamailio edge
>>         server).

>     --
>     Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>     http://www.asipto.com