[SR-Users] Get a random available port to bind to for media sdp

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 11:28:31 CET 2016

Hello,

On 07/03/16 16:29, jaflong jaflong wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> How can I generate a random port number, one that is currently available to bind to.
> I want to assign this to the media parameter in the sdp
I think you should use here rtpproxy or rtpengine, if you need to relay
the rtp.

If you need the random port for other reasons, perhaps you can use the
embedded interpreters or exec module to discover what ports are
available. However, if you don't block it, another application can use
it in between your discovery and the moment you want to use it.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference, Berlin, May 18-20, 2016 - http://www.kamailioworld.com