[SR-Users] KAMAILIO Installation Problem

Ed Todd ed.todd at comcast.net
Sat Mar 5 18:32:23 CET 2016

KAMAILIO Installation Problem

Fred: re confusion. A few more details.

Site 1 is a development site. The project in question is VoIP, using ANTISIP. A Windows server application is monitoring activities and carrying out local functions via IPhones. It has a LAN with static IPs for:

·         Windows 10 PC used for development

·         Windows 10 laptop, used for testing

·         MACBOOK, used for IPhone development

·         ‘Other PC’, recently converted to Linux + KAMailIO, using the binaries installation route rather than the source code route.

It has a Comcast Modem/Router, Cisco DPC3941B

Site 2 is a business site, which demonstrates the application using its own Windows PC and IPhones. It does not have any static IPs.

Each site uses IPhones as the user interface of this application, via cell or WIFI.

Both sites can communicate via SIP.ANTISIP.COM

Site 1 can communicate with site 1 KAMAILIO but site 2 cannot: timeouts occur.

I just installed what seems like a standard package:

·         Debian 32 or 64 bit graphical

·         Apt-get install git gcc make flex bison mysql-server kamailio-mysql-modules kamailio-tls-modules kamailio

Should be OK so far apart from the .COM name of the Linux box. I then updated files as described earlier and the problems start. Apart from changing a few constants, I have not altered any script, I am just using the standard one shipped in the package above. I’ve had to guess how to tell KAMailIO about the static IP.