[SR-Users] Kamailio 5.0 - B2BUA

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Mar 3 21:07:33 CET 2016

On 03/03/2016 03:02 PM, Juha Heinanen wrote:

> Would the proposed B2BUA be based on dialog module?

I am not sure the 'dialog' module would be of much help here, prima
facie, but it's certainly possible that some aspect of its dialog state
machine could be borrowed for a UA dialog layer. It would stand to
reason that if TM can provide the UAC transaction layer, as it already
does in limited cases for the 'uac' module, then 'dialog' can provide
the dialog layer.

> If so, I remember a few years ago that there were some fundamental
> problems with dialog module and it was proposed to design a new
> dialog-ng module.  I haven't followed what (if anything) happened.

The module exists in parallel, but seems to be used only by the IMS
folks, and designed in a manner complementary to IMS:

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.3.x/modules/dialog_ng.html

> Would the proposed B2BUA also include SBC style features, such as
> limiting simultaneous calls, call times, etc?

My proposal would be to limit the ambitions of such a module as much as
possible, in order to make its implementation more likely. :-)

-- Alex

303 Perimeter Center North, Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30346
United States

Tel: +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free) / +1-678-954-0671 (direct)