[SR-Users] Kamailio as a front-end proxy

Anton Tonev anton.tonev at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 17:41:17 CET 2016

Thank you, for all your replies.

I tried to use the add_path() as it is described in the Spanish tutorial
however
I am still unable to make my sip server pass through the proxy for the
second call leg (the one to the destination).

However I have one question. In the tutorial it is said that Asterisk will
use the path if Asterisk initiates a dialog. What that means ? Are these
dialogs initiated because of a 3th party call control application request
or because Asterisk receives an INVITE from some user behind the proxy and
then Asterisk initiates a dialog for the second leg of the call?

Best regards,

Anton

> You could find something related also on this link
>
> Its in spanish
>
> https://blog.irontec.com/integracion-kamailio-y-asterisk-con-path/

>> Hi,
>>
>> I would recommend you to take a look on path module:
>>
>> http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/1.4.x/path.html
>> I think this is what you need.
>>
>> With kind regards,
>>
>> Jurijs

>>> Hello everybody,
>>>
>>> I am a new user of Kamailio (4.3.1), I am working with it since 1-2
>>> months. The thing that I'm trying to do is to build the following system:
>>>
>>> same LAN
>>>
>>> 192.168.0.1
>>> Alice
>>> proprietary SIP Server