[SR-Users] Fwd: [kamailio]: Querie on ratelimit module

Prashant Desai pdesai05 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:59:57 CET 2016

Hi Kamailio,

                We are using Kamailio V4.2.3 for our project and we are
trying to address the performance requirement. We have following queries

and need some inputs from Kamailio.

*Requirement :* CPU Utilization Limit to 70%, If the limit is crossed
Kamailio has to reject the Request.

And If it is within the limit Kamailio has to Process the Requests. (i.e.
Kamailio has to dynamically set and reset the policy based on CPU Load).

*Our Findings* : We have come across ratelimit module in Kamailio, we tried
using the same to address the requirement

but we see it is not  dynamically setting and resetting the policy (once if
it starts rejecting then every time it rejects it, only if we restart the
kamailo it works)

*What we Need*: We need to know

1.       Are we using the right module to address the above requirement ?

2.       We are only using ratelimit, module, do we have to include any
other module along with ratelimit?

3.       We are using FEEDBACK algorithm, is that OK ?

4.       Setting  “ modparam("ratelimit", "pipe", "3:FEEDBACK:70") “ , is
this correct ?

5.       In ratelimit.c , function

 static int pipe_push(struct sip_msg * msg, int id) {

              *case* *PIPE_ALGO_FEEDBACK*:

                     *LM_DBG(**"drop_rate
[%d],hash[*pipes[id].counter][%d]\n"**,*drop_rate, hash[*pipes[id].*
*counter**])*;

                     ret = (hash[*pipes[id].counter % 100] < *drop_rate) ?
-1 : 1;

}

                We are not able to understand the above line (
hash[*pipes[id].counter % 100]). Could you please elaborate.

6.       Where are we lagging ?

Regards,

Prashanth

Disclaimer: This message and the information contained herein is
proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy
statement, you may review the policy at
http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally
http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within
TechMahindra.