[SR-Users] RFC: Kamailio 5.0

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 10:05:23 CET 2016

Hello,

at Fosdem and other events this year, while meeting many of Kamailio
devs, the topic of what's next for Kamailio came into discussions, with
suggestions that after 4.4 it may be time for some major leap to 5.0.

I created a page where I collected the main ideas put on table so far -
rather unpolished draft, but eventually a good starting point:

  * https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/devel/kamailio-5.0-design

Everyone is invited to add suggestions to the wiki page and/or discuss
here on mailing lists, what should be there in 5.0, what is good (to
keep) or bad (to remove) with current version, what is missing and it is
"must have", ...

Not to have a single long tread, for each new idea, start a new email
thread with subject prefixed by Kamailio 5.0. I think this impacts
users, not only devs, and their contribution is useful as well, so it
should be fine to discuss the ideas/concepts on sr-users. When it gets
to real implementation discussions, then it can be on sr-dev.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Berlin, March 7-9, 2016 - http://www.asipto.com