[SR-Users] ipsec support in PCSCF

Jason Penton jason.penton at smilecoms.com
Thu Jun 30 09:49:08 CEST 2016

IPSEC is not supported "completely" at the moment. The ims_usrloc_pcscf and
ims_registrar_pcscf modules will support it when it's added , but there is
no interface yet to the OS ipsec functions atm.

This is currently a TODO so if you have time and resource you are welcome
to work on it and we can point you in the right direction to get it in.

Cheers
Jason

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 9:00 PM, Russell McConnachie <russell at mcconnachie.ca
> wrote:

> I do not believe that functionality exists today.
>
> On 29 June 2016 at 11:51, Vikram Chhibber <vikram.chhibber at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> No.
>> I just need ipsec between UE and PCSCF along with support of
>> Security-Client, Security-Server and Security-Verify headers.
>> Basically, support for AKAv1-MD5 where SCSCF sends CK and IK in
>> WWW-Authenticate header and PCSCF pushed security associations in the
>> kernel.
>> Please let me know.
>>
>> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Russell McConnachie <
>> russell at mcconnachie.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you mean you're wanting to know if you can setup a IPsec transport
>>> mode connection between your P-CSCF, I-CSCF, S-CSCF?  If so, that is all at
>>> the OS level and not anything to do with Kamailio.  Look at StrongSWAN,
>>> OpenSWAN or Racoon IPsec/IKE implementations.
>>>
>>> Thanks

*Jason Penton*
*Senior Manager: Applications and Services*
*Smile Communications Pty (Ltd)*

*Voice:Mobile:* +234 (0) 702 000 000 7

+27 (0) 83 283 7000
*Skype:* jason.barry.penton