[SR-Users] Dispatcher - Route call to alternate server if there is delay to answered call

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 07:48:54 CEST 2016

Hello,

On 16/06/16 11:10, Amit Patkar wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a scenario where dispatcher is used to balance calls.
> Assume there are 2 media servers M1 & M2. Call are routed using round
> robin algorithm.
> There is scenario where call is handed over to M1 but it is not
> answered in defined time period (say 5 seconds due to load on server
> or network congestion), I wish to send this call to M2.
> What are the options to achieve it?
you have to use a failure_route in this case to do re-routing. The
dispatcher module readme has a sample kamailio.cfg that shows how to use
such failure route:

  -
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/dispatcher.html#dispatcher.ex.config

You should adjust the if block before the ds_next_dst() in failure_route
to match the situations when you want to do re-routing.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org