[SR-Users] RTPENGINE rtp errors

Dmitry mbike2000ru at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 21 07:53:43 CEST 2016

Actually the only difference that I see in RTP dumps - is that the Yate client SIP softphone sends the first RTP packet as :
Version = 0;

and other packets are normal(comply to the rfc3550.

Probably this is the cause of the problems.

    On Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:46 AM, Dmitry <mbike2000ru at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Hi
1)I encountered such errors when I make an internal call between 2 yate client SIP softphones:rtpengine is used and no audio:

| Jun 19 10:02:35 kazootest2 rtpengine[2066]: [918508371 at kazootest2.siplabs.local port 30942] Error parsing RTP header: short packet (header)
when I turn off the rtpengine:THe Freeswitch handles such RTP packets correctly and audio is ok.
I compared manually rtp packets from Yate: they comply to the RTP specification.
2) A call from WS client(jssip) to an ordinary sip softphone:
| Jun 19 09:58:36 kazootest2 rtpengine[2066]: [s2m2k70tu0d12bjnnamr port 30814] Error parsing RTP header: invalid header version

How to fix these errors?
The rtpengine looks through all incoming packets while looking for a new RTP stream. May be packets parsing is too strict?