[SR-Users] How to understad that user is de-registrating

SamyGo govoiper at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 20:31:12 CEST 2016

Hi Alexandru,

The Expire header in Register can be your clue here. if it is greater than
0 means its a registration attempt. If the value is 0 then it is
un-register request.

This is how you can catch this.

if(is_method("REGISTER")  ) {
 if($hdr(Expire) == 0) {
 // Un-Registering User $fU
 } else {
 // Register request
 }
}

I'd say put it somewhere just before the save("lcoation"); line.

The event for contact-expired will work for a user when its expires timer
exceeds and there is no registration refresh from the device and hence
Kamailio removes the contact from usrloc records.

Regards,
Sammy