[SR-Users] Question about testing RTPENGINE

Dmitry mbike2000ru at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 16 07:51:16 CEST 2016

hi
there were no RTP packets from Aserisk, so no kernalization.

    On Friday, June 3, 2016 2:34 PM, Dmitry <mbike2000ru at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Hello
I am trying to make a test setup to test the RTPENGINE.
Case 1:
Now my setup is Kazoo . i.e.:

Subsriber A ---Asterisk (192.168.175.136)-----via NAT(10.111.101.3)-------------Kamailio(10.10.11.104) ----FreeSwitch(10.10.11.104)
Subscriber B is connected directly to Kamailio (this subscriber is in the same network)

Case 2:

When A calls to B - the sound both ways, so it is ok.

Subsriber A ---Asterisk (10.20.20.101)-----via NAT(10.11.97.12)-------------Kamailio(10.10.11.104) ----FreeSwitch(10.10.11.104)
Subscriber B is connected directly to Kamailio (this subscriber is in the same network)

 WITH RTPENGINE:

When A calls to B - the sound is absent, no sound.
I compared both dumps the difference only in addressesAnd what I read in nathelper module:
   - 1 - Contact header field is searched for occurrence of RFC1918 addresses.
   - 2 - the "received" test is used: address in Via is compared against source IP address of signaling
   - 4 - Top Most VIA is searched for occurrence of RFC1918 addresses
   - 8 - SDP is searched for occurrence of RFC1918 addresses
   - 16 - test if the source port is different from the port in Via
   - 32 - test if the source IP address of signaling is a RFC1918 address
All flags can be bitwise combined, the test returns true if any of the tests identified a NAT.

in nat-traversal-role.cfgI see: if (nat_uac_test("3")) {        force_rport();        fix_nated_contact();    }
    if (has_body("application/sdp") && nat_uac_test("8")) {        fix_nated_sdp("10");    }
As I understand - both addresses are RFC1918but in case 2 the RTPENGINE is not kernalized
Does the RTPENGINE distinguish the ip address? why it was not kernalized in case 2?
Any help is appresiated.