[SR-Users] IP TOS

Daniel W. Graham dan at cmsinter.net
Tue Jun 14 05:16:58 CEST 2016

Confirmed working, thanks!

-dan

From: sr-users [mailto:sr-users-bounces at lists.sip-router.org] On Behalf Of Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2016 5:00 AM
To: Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List <sr-users at lists.sip-router.org>
Subject: Re: [SR-Users] IP TOS

Hello,

On 10/06/16 22:12, Daniel W. Graham wrote:
Could I get some clarification on tos global setting as referenced by documentation below?

Specifically, are DSCP values allowed? Or is this simply for scheduling purposes at the OS level?

I can change the value once packets hit the network but if possible would like 0x60 to originate from Kamailio.

tos

The TOS (Type Of Service) to be used for the sent IP packages (both TCP and UDP).

Example of usage:

  tos=IPTOS_LOWDELAY
  tos=0x10
  tos=IPTOS_RELIABILITY

looking inside cfg.y, I see the parameter accepts any number value, so theoretically you should be able to set it to 0x60. If you set tos many times, only the last value is used.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla

http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org