[SR-Users] Kamilio as Scalable Registrar + Proxy

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 11:09:21 CEST 2016

Hello,

using kamailio as a front end proxy in front of a freeswitch farm is a
common scenario. Look at dispatcher module if you want to implement a
load balancer.

Using a redis server can be an option as well, ndb_redis module in
kamailio can be used for that.

On 08/06/16 20:26, Colin Morelli wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I currently have Freeswitch acting as a B2BUA, handling registrations,
> routing, etc for a prototype voice application I have built.
>
> Now I'm at the point where it's time to actually scale it out, and I'm
> looking at a few different options for the SIP proxy + registration
> later. Essentially, what I would like to have (I think), is:
>
> 1) Stateless SIP proxy with consistent hashing to route to:
> 2) Transaction-stateful SIP proxy handling registrations and initial
> routing
>
> Ideally, the only thing that's stored across the cluster (if possible)
> would be registrations, in something like memcache/redis. Then, of
> course, each node might have its own internal state of transactions
> that it's tracking. I'd prefer the only thing to care about dialog
> state to be Freeswitch.
>
> Finally, the decisions about which FS instance to route to would be
> made by my application as well, based on runtime rules.
>
> Is this something people here have done before? Are there other
> suggestions on how to scale out kamailio to multiple instances.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Colin

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
http://www.asipto.com - http://www.kamailio.org